Association for the Blind Complex
Centre of Excellence – Victoria Park
Association for the Blind of WA
- Client Representative
Pindan Constructions Pty Ltd
DSA Pty Ltd
2008 Master Builders Awards Winner
The Association for the Blind of WA (now known as VisAbility) took an historic step when this Centre of Excellence officially opened. It is located in Victoria Park, on the site first purchased by the Association in 1922 and from which the Association services have operated for over 90 years. This is one of the most innovative buildings of its kind in the world.
The Mechanical Services component of this project consists of:
- Main Plant - Air Cooled Chillers Providing Chilled Water.
- Air Side - Air Handling & Fan Coil Systems, Conditioned Supply Air Systems and Distributed via a Variable Air Volume system throughout the main building.
- Supplementary Systems - DX Type Ducted and Dedicated Reverse Cycle Systems.
- Controlled via a Dedicated DDC system.
- Dedicated Ventilation Systems .
WA Mechanical Services were awarded the 'Subcontractor of the Year Award for the Services Division' for 2008 from the Master Builders Association.